Outreach program events are provided at no cost and are tailored to fit the needs of participating schools and community groups. Events can include:
- In-school performance assemblies
- Educational presentations
- Free group attendance to a rehearsal or major performance at community venue or at TPB’s in-house studio theatre
- Interaction with dancers and instructors through Q&A sessions, meet & greet events, demonstrations or audience participation opportunities
- Joint marketing and fundraising efforts
TPB’s Outreach programs are designed to be educational, entertaining, and contextual. Seeing our dancers up close – and discovering that many of them are just a few years older than the students themselves – is a powerful force for drawing young people into the world of dance. When audiences see the dancers “under lights” in a live performance, they gain a sense of the work required to achieve such apparently effortless beauty and athletic grace.
“Arleta thoroughly enjoyed our morning with The Portland Ballet. Our students and staff were able to experience a performance, which was both beautiful and educational. Seeing peer-aged performers dance with such professional skill made for a wonderfully unique and memorable event. Our students don’t normally get opportunities to see ballet, particularly due to the costs involved. As a Title 1 school, we are always excited to participate in low or no cost events. We look forward to another opportunity to see TPB perform.” – Lisa Newlyn, Language Arts Teacher, Arleta School
To schedule your school or community group, send an email by clicking here or call 503.452.8448.
Help The Portland Ballet keep the Outreach programs free! Click here to donate.