Job Title: Creative Ballet Substitute Teacher
Supervisor: Artistic Director
Teach Creative Ballet classes for dancers ages 3-6 based on The Portland Ballet’s curriculum and teaching philosophy. Classes are an introduction to movement, music, and classroom etiquette as well as a preparation for the first level of our academy, Pre-Ballet which can begin at age 6. Creative Ballet classes run in 8-week sessions throughout the year. Each class of the session builds on the last to culminate in a final class, often open for parent observation (Currently parent observation is on hiatus due to Covid-19).
- classical ballet training
- 1-3 years ballet teaching experience for ages 3-6
- comfortable engaging with young students and parents in an environment that is challenging, disciplined, and rigorous, while at the same time safe, healthy, and nurturing
- support TPB’s mission of providing the finest quality instruction in an environment that supports access, equity, and inclusion.
- must submit to a criminal background check
- must commit, at least, to the full length of our academic year (September – June)
Starting rate $40/hour
Email resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Pre-Ballet Substitute Teacher
TEACHERS & ACCOMPANISTS
Interested Accompanists & Instructors may send resumes to our Artistic Director via email.
TPB is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sexual orientation, marital status, political opinion, familial status, age, gender, mental or physical disability, military status, gender identity, national and ethnic origin, or source of income or disability status in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, employment policies, or any other school-administered programs.